Wednesday 16 April 2014

The relationship experience

I have a lot of difficulties experiencing the relationship between boys and girls

Especially those who are very close to me

*

I once believed that being in love is easy: 
You love someone, and that someone loves you back
If it ends, then we say goodbye.

Little did I know....

It was so hard

I am considered lucky since I will never fall for the popular guys
My type of guys.....are nerdy, in a cute way

I wonder why?
Maybe I was trying to be safe, so I will never worry about my guy going behind me.
Naturally, a mediocre-looking guy is my choice.

But no, I've known for a long time
While I enjoy looking at popular guys, I know deep down in my heart
I will never enjoy having a popular other half

The normal ones, or you would call the 'ok-ok' guy
are people who can give you more time to know them
If you ever took time to know them, they give you their time when you needed them
They will make you appreciate the happiness of being nothing more than you,yourself

I see more beauty in a helpful, ordinary guy than a guy who only has popularity.

*

My very first experience with relationship happened to be with one of these ordinary guys

Sadly, I've never taken any initiatives.
I've never approached him nor try to know him
Because at that time, I was only trying to make new friends

He did all the asking and talking
Strangely, between those awkward smiles and silly messages (or maybe it was the chocolates)
I fell, more than I should.

He was a wood block, luckily he still talks
We have never had that 'honeymoon phase' in a relationship
He never did anything very big for me, and don't even think about flowers
However
He woke up 4am in the morning just to fetch me to report for duty
He sang songs which were..badly written when I was feeling sad
He messaged me every morning to greet me before I went to school
He shows up after school with my favorite food (when I was so hungry)
In my eyes, these are romantic acts that weight more than diamonds and presents

Oh, he was not perfect at all
He had a very bad choice of words
He constantly felt that the academic results he had are useless compared to others
He thought about small things a lot, and I do mean A LOT.

Despite the flaws, he had exceptions to his rules-me :)
In my honest opinion, he made me a princess even when he was not a prince.

Sadly the time was not right for us, so we parted anyway

After some trials and errors with another relationship
I realize that all I need was the feeling of being a 'normal' couple
E.g. Holding hands, go shopping together and all those stuff

Nobody who wants a serious relationship will make their significant other half feel inferior
It was a very traumatic experience and finally, my best friend asked me to cut it all off.

I did, but I found myself in a state of mind where all guys are not going to be that good to me
Nobody will ever be
and I do not want to experience disappointments again and again
I am very honest with the fact that I have indeed locked these special feelings away
It reached a point where hugs are not comforting and I felt something died inside
Something died the day when I cannot ask for anything from my very,very special someone.

Perhaps my heart, perhaps the love and passion
I do not feel them at all
Maybe my heart was broken beyond repair

I do not consider myself sad
I have a lot to be happy about, like my dogs and the fact that I can play piano
My best friends and my books

I believe a lot of people are wounded in their experiences with relationships
Some carry the expectations to the next door, burdening the new partner
Some don't even know that their bruises are more painful than they thought
Some never even try to be true to themselves.

I am the one who stopped waiting for fairy tales
I am wounded and cannot feel a thing regarding relationships with love

But I still believe there will come a day where a silly smile matters more than my depressions
I await the day where the locksmith comes, and solves the puzzles of my very complicated locks.

I am patiently waiting for that smile to come through.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Moving on girls :)